Social Hiking supports live tracking via url polling. Apps that support this feature can send location information direct to Social Hiking’s server.
Known apps that support this feature:
Locus Maps Pro (Android) - tested (specific setup details available at: http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200050282)
OSMAnd (Android) - not fully tested but should work
The url to use in setup is http://www.shareyouradventure.com/poll/location
Variables (Social Hiking supports both GET or POST, but POST is recommended). Please note that units do not need to be sent.
- key (required) - a user’s basic Social Hiking api key available under 'my settings' in Social Hiking
- lat (required) - latitude of location in decimal degrees
- lng (required) - longitude of location in decimal degrees
- time (required) - timestamp (assumed GMT unless timezone specified), the ideal format is Y-m-d H:i:s (but Social Hiking will attempt to convert)
- timezone (optional) - if the time is not GMT, then you need to specify a timezone using the format detailed at http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php (Locus Maps Pro uses local, so this is required)
- alt (optional) - altitude in m
- speed (optional) - speed in m/s
- bearing (optional) - bearing in degrees
- accuracy (optional) - in m (Social Hiking ignores location if accuracy is not sufficient. If accuracy is not sent, then the location is assumed to be accurate)
- source (optional) - text string label for source of data (must be an allowed value, Locus is accepted. To include your app as an allowed source please contact Social Hiking).
Basic url polling currently only supports a single beacon at once.
On success server will return http status code of 200 and will output string ‘OK’
Other http status codes:
401 - Unauthorised (bad, invalid or missing key)
400 - Bad Request (missing or bad data)
406 - Not Acceptable (accuracy not sufficient)
500 - Internal Server Error (something went wrong)
Data shared to Social Hiking using this feature is added in the same way as location data from other sources.